You can access Hoopla through the browser on your computer or laptop or on your device (such as a smartphone or tablet).
Create a Hoopla Account
- From the library’s website, navigate to Digital Library, and then click Hoopla
- Click Get Started Today on Hoopla’s home page
- Create an account by entering your name and email address and creating a password
- Click Agree
- Type “Somerville,” select Somerville Public Library, and then click Next
- Enter your library card number and PIN, and then click Sign Me Up
If you don’t know your PIN, please contact the Reference desk via email or by phone at 617-623-5000 x2955 to request a new PIN. Be sure to include your library card number in the email—this is an absolute must—and a staff member will create and send a new PIN to you.
To Access Hoopla on Your Device
Hoopla is available for the iOS devices, Android devices, and Fire Tablets. Hoopla audiobooks and music are available using Alexa. And Hoopla is also available on Smart TVs devices such as Apple TV, Roku, and Fire TV.
In order to access Hoopla on your device or television, you will need to download the Hoopla App from the App store on your device, and then login using the email address and password you created when you registered for Hoopla.
For help: https://www.hoopladigital.com/help