Updated May 2022
City of Somerville
- City of Somerville Website
- Local Government Officials
- You can find more voter resources by visiting the Secretary of the Commonwealth Elections Division webpage.
- Somerville Municipal Code of Ordinances and Zoning Ordinances
- Demographic Statistical Atlas of Somerville
- Somerville on Wikipedia
- Somerville Public Schools: Find information about city schools, staff, and programs; what's on the breakfast or lunch menu, how to enroll, information about home learning, food resources for families and more. Subscribe to the Somerville Public Schools Connections Newsletter.
- Somerville High School Library
- Prospect Hill Academy Charter School
- Matignon High School
- St. Theresa of the Child Jesus School
Also see our Community Resources for Parents page.
- Somerville Journal: Published weekly on Thursdays. Login with your library card to search full-text articles by keyword and date or browse articles in an issue. You can also browse Somerville Journal content on the web at Wicked Local Somerville.
- The Somerville Times: Published weekly on Wednesdays. Browse on the web or download a pdf of current or past issues.
- Somerville Media Center: Non-profit community media arts organization that is home to SCATV Public Access Channel 3, Boston Free Radio, the community journalism program Somerville Neighborhood News, a variety of media education classes, and more.
- Somerville City TV: View and subscribe to schedules, and watch meetings, events, and community shows about your city via live TV, on demand, or streaming on YouTube.
- ArtBeat Festival
- Arts at the Armory: Arts at the Armory showcases a wide range of visual arts, dance, theater and musical performances in an historic armory that also provides studio spaces for artists, a cafe, galleries, live/work artists units, performance spaces, and offices for arts organizations.
- Somerville Arts Council: View a Somerville Public Art Map, browse the arts events and programs calendar, find out who Somerville's Poet Laureate is, learn more about resources for artists in Somerville, and more.
- Somerville Center for Adult Learning Experiences (SCALE): Offers classes and support services to adult learners in need of basic reading, writing and math skills, English instruction for non-native speakers, or a high-school credential. SCALE's fully accessible facilities include a computer lab and an on-site Test Center. Classes are free. Fees are charged for orientations, adult evening school, testing, and for the ADP (Adult Diploma Program).
- Somerville Chamber of Commerce
- Somerville Community Chorus: Non-auditioned chorus group open to people aged 18+, with weekly rehearsals and two concerts each year.
- Somerville Community Growing Center: The Growing Center offers a range of programming that includes environmental education and cultural performances plus unique volunteer opportunities on a quarter-acre urban oasis designed and built by local residents and maintained by volunteers.
- Somerville Development Forum: Discussion and resources pertaining to land use, real estate development, transportation infrastructure, public health, and housing affordability in Somerville.
- Somerville Housing Authority
- Somerville Museum
- Somerville Old House Organization