Can't find what you're looking for within the Minuteman Library Network? Here are other options for you to explore! These services are only available to Somerville residents with a library card in good standing. Please note that the amount of time it takes for us to receive out-of-network materials varies depending on location and availability.
Search the Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat):
- This option will allow you to search other library networks in Massachusetts. You may have up to 10 active Commonwealth Catalog requests at a time.
- ComCat materials must be picked up and dropped off at your selected pickup library. These requests cannot be renewed, and there is a $2.00/day late fee for overdue ComCat items.
Request an Interlibrary Loan:
- This option will extend your search to libraries across the United States. Use the WorldCat catalog from home to search for materials. You may have up to 3 active ILL requests at a time.
- Fill out the Somerville Public Library Interlibrary Loan Request Form or call 617-623-5000 x2942.
- Notice of possible fees: Some libraries charge a lending fee for their items. We will try to borrow from a free lender first, but please let us know in the request form if you are willing to pay a fee. If there is a fee for your request, you will need to bring a check payable to "Massachusetts Library System" when you pick up your item.
- Renewals may be possible for some ILL items. Contact the interlibrary loan department at least 3 days before the due date at email@example.com or by phone at 617-623-5000 x2942. There is a $2.00/day late fee for overdue ILL items.
Request a Journal or Magazine Article:
- You may request magazine and journal articles using the Somerville Public Library Article Request Form or by calling 617-623-5000 x2942.
- Once we receive the requested article, we will email it to you. If you would like to have the article printed out for pickup, the first $3.00 (20 pages) are free and each additional page is 15 cents.
Picking Up and Returning Items:
- We will notify you when your items arrive. Requested items can be held for you at the Central Library or the East and West branches. Your requests will be held for you until they are due. Loans must be returned to one of the Somerville library locations.
For more information, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at 617-623-5000 x2942 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.