Expand your library experience by using these digital services!
All digital services and mobile apps will require that you enter your library card number and PIN. If you don’t know your PIN, please contact the Reference desk via email or by phone at 617-623-5000 x2955 to request a new PIN. Be sure to include your library card number in the email—this is an absolute must—and a staff member will create and send a new PIN to you.
Minuteman Library Network Mobile App
Available for iOS, Android, and Amazon, our Mobile App offers many commonly used features of our library catalog, including:
- Store your library card barcode
- Search the catalog
- Renew checked out items
- Place, suspend, or cancel holds
- View and pay fines
- View your library's event calendar and museum passe collection
- Access your library's digital collections and resources
For more information, visit the Minuteman Library Network Help Center and click Mobile App.
- Overdrive digital collections are available from any browser
- Libby allows you to search the digital collections, read ebooks, and play audiobooks, all within the app
- Libby is available from the iOS App Store and the Google Play store
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
- Send ebooks to your Kindle
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab
Stream videos to your TV, mobile phone, tablet, and computer!
- Generous ten films per month allowance from the Somerville Public Library
- Wide collection of indie, documentary, and foreign films
- Kanopy Kids portal offers family-friendly films, animated picture books, children's TV series, and language-learning videos
- Available for web or mobile -- apps available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Amazon Fire
Instantly borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics, and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone!
For a limited time, Hoopla is offering free access to a subset of their collection. With more than 1,000 top titles and fan favorites, the Bonus Borrows Collection will not count against your five checkouts per month limit.
- No waiting--titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline use
- Five checkouts per month from the Somerville Public Library
- Available for web or mobile -- apps available from the iOS App Store, the Google Play store and the Amazon Appstore