The Somerville Public Library welcomes exhibits that represent Somerville's cultural diversity and vibrant artistic community.
The Somerville Public Library is delighted to announce an open call for artists and art exhibitions for 2022. Submissions will be accepted from now through April 30.
Works in all media will be considered, including photography and three-dimensional art that can be hung, with the exception of sculptures. Somerville residents or organizations serving the Somerville community are encouraged to apply.
Selected artists/exhibitions will be given a showing for one of the following months:
- June 2022
- July 2022
- August 2022
- September 2022
- October 2022
- November 2022
- December 2022
Exhibits are selected for monthly shows in the Library Auditorium on the basis of:
- Quality of the artist's work based on completeness of application and thoroughness of support materials
- Clarity of artist statement
- Diversity and balance in schedule of exhibits
- Exhibit history (preference may be given to new or first-time exhibitors)
- How closely the exhibit or artwork complements the library's Rules of Conduct and Meeting Room policies, and
- Benefit to the Somerville community
In order to be considered, artists or groups of artists must submit their application in one of two ways by end of day, March 31:
- Complete the Online Submission Form (requires a Gmail account.) OR
- Complete the Gallery Submission Form, an Artist Statement (no more than 2 pages), and submit at least four (4) images of the proposed exhibit's artwork. You may email these to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off all documents at the Central Library Reference Desk at 79 Highland Ave.
We would like to thank all artists for the care and time taken in submitting applications. All artists will be notified by April 30.