Peterson's Career Prep: Whether you're heading straight into the workforce or you're entering college first, these career tools can help you get a handle on what you're interested in, the skills and training you'll need, and what you can expect from your career path. Discover which careers suit you best, research potential career options, and explore the requirements and outlooks for the occupations you're interested in.
MIssion Admission: a cool online game that helps you develop college and financial aid application strategies
Payback: another online game. This one shows you a running total of your college debt and can also track academic focus, connections you’re making that could be useful later, and your overall happiness — all factors in completing college and graduating with a job that can help you pay off your debt.
High School Resume: A How-To Guide for 2021 with 11+ samples
The Somerville High School Guidance Department has assembled a very helpful array of resources to help teens prepare for college:
- College & Career Counseling: Includes contact info for SHS guidance counselors and a list of important dates for students and families.
- College & Career Readiness Curriculum : Includes information about dates of college entrance exams, paying for college, and SHS Community Scholarships.
- College Process: Includes information on Naviance (a web-based program for post secondary planning), college lists, college visits, college entrance exams, recommensations, financial aid, and a suggested timeline for applying to college.
- College Entrance Testing
- Information about taking the SAT
- Information about taking the ACT
- Parent/Family Resources
- Financial Aid
- Gap Year Resources
FastWeb: access to over 1.5 million scholarships to help you pay for college
eCampusTours: 360 degree virtual tours of over 1,300 college campuses
CollegeWeekLive: a free virtual college fair that connects students with hundreds of colleges and universities from around the world.
College Consensus: A ranking of best colleges and universities that combines data from college ranking publications and student review sites.