Virtual Technology Instruction for Somerville Residents During COVID
We offer free technology instruction at the Somerville Public Library. You can book a individual session or attend a group class.
Learn useful things like:
- Setting up home delivery for groceries
- Using online meeting platforms, like Zoom or Google Meet
- Filling out an online job application or benefits application
- Using Microsoft Office or Google Docs and Sheets
- Using social media platforms, like Facebook or Twitter
- Setting up an email account
- Or have your technology questions answered!
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact Tim Devin, Technology Librarian, at 617-623-5000 x2963, or via email at email@example.com
Want to learn on your own? These online programs can help you achieve your technology goals:
- Digital Learn from the Public Library Association offers a number of free video tutorials on topics including: applying for jobs, online safety, and computer basics
- GCFLearnFree.org offers more than 200 topics, including more than 7,000 lessons, more than 1,000 videos, and more than 50 interactives and games, completely free
- TechConnect, from the New York Public Library, provides how-to handouts in multiple languages, including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, and Russian