In Massachusetts, you must be at least 16 years old to apply for a learner's permit. Completion of a licensed Professional Driver’s Education program is required of all Class D and M driver's license applicants under the age of 18.
- Apply for a learner's permit
- Driver's education programs
- Available in English and Spanish, the RMV offers Driver's Manual downloads (PDF) of the full manual or individual chapters
- (Not affiliated with Mass RMV) Practice Tests for the Massachusetts Driver's Permit Exam that can help you prepare for your permit test
- (Not affiliated with Mass RMV) Additional Practice Tests that include hundreds of questions that are based on the RMV manuals and resemble those on the official learner’s permit exams
- (Not affiliated with Mass RMV) ePermitTest offers free practice permit tests and driver education tools that are specific to Massachusetts