The Teen Room is pleased to offer free Internet access. There are currently 4 PCs that are connected to the Internet* and to a color printer. We also have 2 Chromebooks that you may borrow (with a library card) and use in the Teen Room for up to two hours per day. Please read the policy and procedures below for detailed information about Internet use in the Teen Room.
Internet Access Rules and Procedures
- Computer sign up in the Teen Room at the Central Library requires a Minuteman Library card. Simply sit down at any computer that is open and enter your library card number (found on the back of your card under the bar code) without spaces. The initial signup is for 1 hour, with the possiblity of extending time or signing up again for a 2nd hour, for a maximum total use of 2 hours per day.
- If you only want to use part of an hour, you can sign off the computer early and the balance of the hour will be saved for use later in the day.
- You may sign up only for yourself, and you may only use your own library card.
- Problems with the computers, the network, and the Internet are often beyond the control of Library Staff. If you lose a portion of your time slot due to any of these problems we will try give you more time, but this may not always be possible.
- You may print five pages for free each day. After that, printing costs 15 cents per page. Pages not picked up by the time the library closes will be discarded.
- Failure to comply with this Internet Policy may result in the loss of your Internet privileges.
- To read the Library's computer and Internet policies, click here.
*Teens and others should be careful when using Facebook other social networking sites. For tips on using these sites safely, click here.