In our effort to serve you better, the Somerville Public Library upholds the following best practices for providing outstanding customer service.
The staff of the Somerville Public Library will:
- Treat patrons and staff with courtesy, respect and dignity under all circumstances.
- Make patrons feel welcomed by greeting them, making them a priority, and helping them to the best of their ability.
- Respect patron confidentiality and their right to privacy.
- Listen attentively, ask follow-up questions as needed, and provide information that is accurate.
- Communicate in ways that are clear and easy to understand.
- Be empowered and encouraged to make decisions in the patron’s favor.
- Share and exchange information with other staff and seek assistance as needed.
- Inform supervisors of issues in a timely manner.
- Be empowered to provide feedback to supervisors.
- Keep informed of library policies, procedures, trends and best practices.