Customer Service Standards
In our effort to serve you better, the Somerville Public Library upholds the following best practices for providing outstanding customer service.
The Staff of the Somerville Public Library will:
• Treat patrons and staff with courtesy, respect and dignity under all circumstances.
• Make patrons feel welcomed by greeting them, making them a priority, and helping them to the best of their ability.
• Respect patron confidentiality and their right to privacy.
• Listen attentively, ask follow-up questions as needed, and provide information that is accurate.
• Communicate in ways that are clear and easy to understand.
• Be empowered and encouraged to make decisions in the patron’s favor.
• Share and exchange information with other staff and seek assistance as needed.
• Inform supervisors of issues in a timely manner.
• Be empowered to provide feedback to supervisors.
• Keep informed of library policies, procedures, trends and best practices.