The Somerville Public Library welcomes exhibits that represent Somerville's cultural diversity and vibrant artistic community.
The 2020 selected artists are:
- March: Somerville High School Art Major Foundations Class
- April: Tyler Barron
- June: Benjamin Cooley, Maggie Cooley, and Kristina Lauer
- July: Gavin Lankford
- August: Louise Vrande
- September: Deb Pacini, Kerrie Kemperman, Melissa McWhinney, and Renee Scott
- November: Nancy Hall Brooks
- December: Susan E. Schur
Exhibits are selected for monthly shows in the Library Auditorium on the basis of:
- Quality of the artist's work based on completeness of application and thoroughness of support materials
- Clarity of artist statement
- Diversity and balance in schedule of exhibits
- Exhibit history (preference may be given to new or first-time exhibitors)
- How closely the exhibit or artwork complements the library's Rules of Conduct and Meeting Room Policy, and
- Benefit to the Somerville community
We would again like to thank all artists for the care and time taken in submitting applications.
We will begin accepting applications for 2021 in the fall of 2020.