The Somerville Public Library is delighted to announce an open call for artists and art exhibitions for 2020. We welcome exhibits that represent Somerville’s cultural diversity and vibrant artistic community. Submissions will be accepted from now through January 10th. The Library considers works in all media, including photography, but not sculptures. Selected artists/exhibitions will be given a showing for one of the following months.
- March 2020
- April 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
Preference will be given to Somerville residents and organizations serving the Somerville community. Exhibits are selected for monthly shows in the Library Auditorium on the basis of
- Quality of artist’s work based on completeness of application and thoroughness of support materials
- Clarity of artist statement
- Diversity and balanced schedule of exhibits
- Exhibit history (Preference may be given to new or first-time exhibitors)
- How closely the exhibit or artwork complements the Library’s Rules of Conduct and Meeting Room Policies, and
- Benefit to the Somerville community.
In order to be considered, artists or groups of artists must submit the following by January 10th to email@example.com:
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Exhibit Title
- Artist statement plus four or more accompanying images of artwork
- Anticipated number and size of pieces to be exhibited (as well as number of artists if more than one), and
- Preferred month of exhibit and second choice of month.
All artists will be notified by January 17th