Updated April 2022
- MassHire Career Information System
- Learn about occupations and employment options, explore your occupation matches, find training programs and education, create a resume and more. From the MassHire Department of Career Services. Free to all Massachusetts residents.
- Find a career that fits your interests with self assessment tools, learn about different careers, plan your career and professional development, and more. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration.
- O*Net Online
- Use O*NET to find jobs that fit your interests, skills, and experience. Find out what kinds of career fields are growing, search by industry, skill, job family, education/experience and more using the latest available labor market data.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Information on hundreds of different types of jobs, including education and training, what workers do on the job, earnings, working conditions, and future outlook for that type of work. From the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Explore a broad spectrum of careers, tips on getting hired, educational resources, and more.
- Offers millions of current job listings, plus a database of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more, as shared by employees.
- Top-Rated Workplaces from Indeed
- Read reviews of companies that interest you written by current and former employees.
JOB SEARCH & GENERAL EMPLOYMENT RESOURCES
- Somerville First Source Jobs Program
- Designed to connect Somerville residents seeking employment with Somerville employers. Somerville residents who enroll in the program are supported in all aspects of job seeking, including help establishing individual career plans, job readiness workshops, access to a comprehensive, constantly updated comprehensive list of job openings in the City, and job placement and post-placement follow-up. A program of the Somerville Community Corporation.
State of Massachusetts
- MassHire JobQuest
- Search Massachusetts jobs by region or city/zipcode. Create and maintain a job match profile that generates a listing of possible job matches based on your experience, skill sets and job preferences. From the MASSHIRE Department of Career Services.
- MassHire Career Centers
- Offers a variety of job assistance services and providers, including experienced career counselors, workshops and short-term training, up-to-date local, statewide, and national job listings, assistance with developing resumes, writing cover letters, and more.
- Veterans’ Job Programs and Services
- The MassHire Department of Career Services provides employment and training services to veterans and their families. Dedicated staff is available throughout the state to help veterans transition to civilian employment. Veterans and their eligible spouses receive Priority of Service throughout the full array of services provided through the Career Center system.
National & Global
- Offers a global online "job board" as well as an array of job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management products and services.
- Includes job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations, and company career pages. Job seekers can upload a resume, create job alert emails, search for jobs, save them and apply to them directly.
- Simply Hired
- Job search engine in 24 countries and 12 languages with access to millions of job openings across all job categories and industries.
- USA Jobs
- Official one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information. Create a job search profile, learn more about the Federal application process, explore hiring paths, search for jobs, and more.
- Government Jobs
- Create an account, upload your resume, and apply for jobs on the largest public sector job board in the country.
PAY SCALES & SALARY NEGOTIATION
- Find out what your skills are worth and understand your earning potential in the job market.