MIssion Admission: a cool online game that helps you develop college and financial aid application strategies
Payback: another online game. This one shows you a running total of your college debt and can also track academic focus, connections you’re making that could be useful later, and your overall happiness — all factors in completing college and graduating with a job that can help you pay off your debt.
The Somerville High School Guidance Department has assembled a very helpful array of resources to help teens prepare for college:
- College & Career Counseling: Includes contact info for SHS guidance counselors and a list of important dates for students and families.
- College & Career Planning: Includes information about dates of college entrance exams, paying for college, and SHS Community Scholarships.
- College Process: Includes information on Naviance (a web-based program for post secondary planning), college lists, college visits, college entrance exams, recommensations, financial aid, and a suggested timeline for applying to college.
- College Entrance Testing
- To do list for High School Seniors
- To do list for High School Juniors
- Information about taking the SAT
- Information about taking the ACT
- Parent/Family Resources
- Financial Aid
- Gap Year Resources
FastWeb: access to over 1.5 million scholarships to help you pay for college
eCampusTours: 360 degree virtual tours of over 1,300 college campuses
CollegeWeekLive: a free virtual college fair that connects students with hundreds of colleges and universities from around the world.