Books: 3 weeks
New Non-Fiction: 3 weeks
New Fiction (7-day fiction): 1 week
Speed Read (limit 2 per card): 1 week
Audiobooks: 2 weeks
Inter-Library Loans (ILLs): varies depending on item
Magazines: 1 week
Children's Magazines: 3 weeks
Feature Films: 1 week
T.V. Series: 2 weeks
- limit 10 per card - Adult's
- limit 10 per card - Children's,
- limit 4 per card - Teen's
East & West Branch Libraries:
- limit 8 per card, Adult's and Children's combined
Compact discs (CDs), Music:
Central Library: 2 weeks
East/West (limit 8): 2 weeks
Children’s CD-ROMs (limit 2 per card): 1 week
Museum passes (1 per week per family): 1 day
[Note: 1 pass per family per month at any one specific museum.]
Most items can be renewed twice, with the exception of Speed Read titles, non-MLN ILLs, and items reserved by another person. Toys, Games, and DVD Series can be renewed one time, unless reserved by another person. Renewals may be made in person, by telephone, or via the library catalog (click on "Login" at top right of the page) using your library card number and password. When renewing in person or by phone, please have your library card or all of the materials in front of you.
Requesting materials that either are currently checked out or belong to another library is easy. Simply ask a reference librarian in person or by calling the library, fill out a request card, or place a request online.
Instructions for requesting a book or other item via the library catalog:
- Login to the library catalog. Then search for the item in the catalog
- Click on the "Request it" button to the right of the item and select the delivery location and indicate the date needed, if applicable.
- For more information on placing requests using the library catalog, visit: http://www.mln.lib.ma.us/catalog/faq_request.htm
Videocassettes/DVDs/CD-ROMs: 50 cents per day late fee, up to $5.00.
Speed-Reads, Speed-Views: $1.00 per day late fee, up to $10.00.
Non-MLN ILLs: $2.00 per day late fee, up to $20.00
Other materials: 5 cents per day late fee, up to $5.00.
Replacement costs will be charged in full for any item that is lost or damaged
Fines can be paid online using a credit card. Click here to find out how.