This Saturday, April 21! Join us as Somerville celebrates its third “one city, one book” campaign, Somerville Reads 2012, a project that promotes literacy and community engagement by encouraging people all over the City to read and discuss books on the same theme. This year’s theme is food—local, sustainable, and delicious! We've chosen two books for discussion: Farm City: the Education of an Urban Farmer by Novella Carpenter and Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. Copies of both books are available for check out at all Somerville Public Library locations.
- Share a favorite dish (please list ingredients)
- Vote for best dishes and maybe win a prize!
- Listen to Somerville-based band Michael J. Epstein Memorial Library
- Children - do a crafty kids' activity!
- Purchase a new community cookbook in support of the Friends
- Eat great food and meet your neighbors
- Check out a featured book