The Somerville Public Library is delighted to announce an open call for artists and art exhibitions for 2019. We welcome exhibits that represent Somerville’s cultural diversity and vibrant artistic community. Submissions will be accepted from now through November 30th. The Library considers works in all media, including photography, but not sculptures. Selected artists/exhibitions will be given a showing for one of the following months.
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
Preference will be given to Somerville residents and organizations serving the Somerville community. Exhibits are selected for monthly shows in the Library Auditorium on the basis of
- Quality of artist’s work based on completeness of application and thoroughness of support materials
- Clarity of artist statement
- Diversity and balanced schedule of exhibits
- Exhibit history (Preference may be given to new or first-time exhibitors)
- How closely the exhibit or artwork complements the Library’s Rules of Conduct and Meeting Room Policies, and
- Benefit to the Somerville community.
In order to be considered, artists or groups of artists must submit the following by November 30th to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Phone Number:
- E-mail Address:
- Exhibit Title:
- Artist statement plus four or more accompanying images of artwork
- Anticipated number and size of pieces to be exhibited (as well as number of artists if more than one), and
- Preferred month of exhibit and second choice of month.
All artists will be notified by January 4th.