Passes that offer free or discounted admission to local cultural attractions are available to Somerville residents with a valid Minuteman library card. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many venues are closed or not accepting passes from the library at this time. This page will be updated as new passes become available.
Boston Harbor Islands 2 for 1 Ferry Tickets - available to reserve beginning July 15, 2020
Made up of 34 islands and peninsulas, Boston Harbor Islands National & State Park is an urban oasis minutes from Boston’s city center. Hop aboard a park ferry and discover opportunities for outdoor recreation, relaxation and learning. Check the park calendar for special events or create your own adventure with the park’s trip planning tools.
Our Boston Harbor Islands Library Pass Program allows the purchase of 2 ferry tickets for the price of one any weekday between July 15 and Labor Day Weekend, excluding Free Ferry Days, Labor Day, and Indigenous Peoples Day. After Labor Day, passes are valid 7 days a week until the end of the season on October 12th.
The park has created a Know Before You Go guide to help you plan for a safe and responsible visit during COVID-19.
To book a pass follow these steps:
- Visit the Boston Harbor Islands State Park Boat Tours and Water Shuttle site
- Select “BUY TICKETS”
- Choose which island you plan to visit
- Select your date and time of travel. You may purchase up to 4 tickets.
- Enter promo code ZBPL20HI53
- Print your tickets at home, or
- Pick up your tickets at the Boston Harbor Cruises Ferry Center at Long Wharf in downtown Boston. Tickets must be picked up at least 30 minutes before your scheduled ferry departure. Present your confirmation number from your online order.
- Limited to 1 discount per household per month.
The library's Cultural Pass Program is made possible with funding from the Friends of the Somerville Public Library.