Welcome to the Somerville Reads City-Wide Scavenger Hunt!
Starting September 22nd, follow clues to secrets hidden around Somerville and rack up points for our prize-packed raffles, generously gifted with goodies from participating Somerville businesses!
How to Play
- Begin by getting your hands on a copy of our list of City-Wide Scavenger Hunt clues. The lists of clues are available at all 3 of our branches or can be downloaded from here.
- To get credit for clues you’ve solved, present proof to a librarian in person at any of our branches.
- If you'd like to get more involved, consider posting pictures to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook and tag us along with the hashtag #somervillereads2022 !
- There’s no limit on how many clues you can submit at once, just make sure you’ve completed your submissions by October 22nd at 5PM.
How to Win Prizes
- Each scavenger hunt clue is worth one point. For every five clues solved, you’ll get one raffle ticket for a prize of your choosing.
- Cash in your points for tickets at the Central Branch Reference desk. We will draw the winners on October 23rd.
- If you are unable to check in clues or pick up tickets in person, you can send an email to Tim at email@example.com with your name and photos of the solved clues.
- A list of prizes will be updated here.
Part of the Scavenger Hunt includes solving ciphers located in each of our branches!
Scattered throughout the libraries are our many Raven friends! Each one hides a piece of the puzzle to solve the three ciphers located at our Central, West, and East branches. And then perhaps, another puzzle? Maybe more? How deep does it go?
Can’t make it to any/all of our library branches? Our cipher hunt is replicated across our website! You can navigate through the pages of somervillepubliclibrary.org and find the full code - or as much as you need to break the cipher.